The following points shall be paid attention to when using argon arc welding:
1. The power supply with vertical external characteristics is adopted, and the positive polarity is adopted in DC (the welding wire is connected to the negative pole).
2. It is generally suitable for the welding of thin plates below 6mm, with the characteristics of beautiful weld formation and small welding deformation.
3. The shielding gas is argon with purity ≥ 99.95%. When the welding current is 50 ~ 150A, the argon flow is 6 ~ 10L / min, and when the current is 150 ~ 250A, the argon flow is 12 ~ 15L / min. The total pressure in the bottle shall not be lower than 0.5MPa to ensure the purity of argon filling.
4. The length of tungsten electrode protruding from the gas nozzle is preferably 4 ~ 5mm, 2 ~ 3mm in places with poor shielding such as fillet welding, 5 ~ 6mm in places with deep groove, and the distance from the nozzle to the working is generally no more than 15mm.
5. In order to prevent the occurrence of welding pores, the oil stain, scale and rust on the inner and outer walls of the welding parts must be cleaned.
6. The arc length of stainless steel welding is 1 ~ 3mm, and the protection effect is not good if it is too long.
7. During butt backing, in order to prevent the back of the underlying weld bead from being oxidized, the back also needs to be protected by gas.
8. In order to protect the welding pool well with argon and facilitate the welding operation, the angle between the center line of tungsten electrode and the workpiece at the welding position shall be generally maintained at 75 ~ 85 °, and the included angle between filler wire and workpiece surface shall be as small as possible, generally less than 10 ° of wall thickness and no more than 1mm. In order to ensure the tightness of the weld, pay attention to the good fusion quality of the joint, and fill the molten pool during arc stopping.
Post time: Apr-06-2022